Description of Course:
The Esthetics course offered by Rudae's School of Beauty Culture consists of 900 hours of training designed to prepare the student for an entry level position as an esthetician. Rudae's makes sure all students have the comprehensive training that will qualify them to pass the Indiana State Board of Cosmetology examination. This curriculum is approved by the Indiana State Board of Cosmetology Examiners in order to provide the esthetics industry with qualified graduates.
The State of Indiana requires 700 hours in order to obtain a license in Esthetics. To better prepare the student for the work force in this field Rudae's has added hours to the program to better educate the student's in the areas of Makeup, Physiology, Advanced Machines, Intro to Skin Care, Salesmanship, Marketing and Retail.
for a list of textbooks
* The fee for our student kit, books, and mannequin is non-refundable after they have been issued to the student. An extra fee will be charged to all Esthetics students who fail to complete their 900 hours of training within the allotted contract dates. This charge will be applied only after the contract ending date. An administration fee of $150.00 will be charged to any student who discontinues prior to graduation with the exception of extenuating circumstances.
30 Hours Per Week Program:
Tuesday - Saturday 9:00am - 3:30 pm25 Hours Per Week Program:
Tuesday - Saturday 9:00am - 2:00pm30 Hours Per Week Night Program:
Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 9:30 pm20 Hours Per Week Night Program:
Monday - Friday 5:30pm - 9:30pm
The U.S. Department of Labor's Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) name and code for Cosmetology is: 39-5094.00 Skin Care Specialists
Please visit the Department of Labor's website at the following link to obtain information on this field of occupation.http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-5094.00
Along with the Department of Labor the National Center for Education Statistics provides data concerning esthetics under the following CIP code: 12.0409. Use this code at the following link.http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/cipcode/Default.aspx?y=55
You can also access statistical data about our schools on the College Navigator website at the following link.http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
The Completion, Placement, and Licensure rates for this program as submitted to our accrediting agency; the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences in our Annual Report are as follows:The Combined Rates for both campuses and all programs for 2015:
Licensure: 92.59%Fort Wayne Campus:
89.47% or 17 of the 19 students in this program scheduled to graduate in 2015 went on to graduate;
64.71% or 11 of the 17 students that graduated in that year have found jobs in the industry; and
87.50% or 14 of the 16 students of the program taking the state board exam in 2015 passed the examination
This campus had no graduates at the time of this annual report.Indiana Licensing Requirements
Esthetician: Each student must complete the following:
- Complete 900 clock hours of training.
- Complete the State practical book requirements.
- Satisfactorily pass all written tests with a 75% or higher.
- Pass all practical exams with a 75% or higher.
- Pass the school final written exam with a 75% or higher.
- Satisfy all financial responsibilities to the school.
The State of Indiana requires that each student obtain a license from the State to become employed in Indiana. For information on factors that may prevent a student from obtaining such a license please visit the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency website.